Sunday, December 23, 2012

My First Post



I have been inspired to start a blog, for several reasons. Number one,  all the kids seem to be doing it these days - Facebook and Twitter are wrought with links to people's online diaries, and over the course of the last few months, I have found myself sneaking on and off peoples' blogs and rating them in terms of funniness, intelligence and relevance - usually in that order, leading me to the second reason: I've felt a bit guilty, snooping in on people's personal lives and 'rating' them in this way (although, to be fair, they're posting onto the internet, where lines of communication are forever blurred and the concept of privacy unknown), and I thought I'd be gallant enough to let others do the same to me. Come one, come all.

Secondly, I wanted to write about Catholicism. In Caleh Alexander's blog, "Barefoot and Pregnant" (one of the clever and hilarious diarists that I routinely spy on - hope we can be friends someday, Caleh), she, at a certain point, refers to herself as a "recovering Protestant," a phrase that I found so astute that I now choose to refer to myself as one as well. 

I guess you can say that I've gone from this:




To this:



And life is good.

Also, I live in Memphis. Great city, no complaints. But a Catholic metropolis it is not. I'll get my kicks where I can get 'em, let off some steam from time to time with the veracity of the little engine that could, and maybe learn something in the process. Also, I'm not going to lie - I'm no theologian. I'll be looking for people to read my posts and give me answers. Plus, I do enjoy complaining about/making fun of liberals. There will be a lot of that as well.

Details about me personally (should you be interested), will more than likely unfold as these posts go along. 

Until then, I remain most faithfully yours,

Catholic in Memphis




1 comment:

  1. First blog! Congratulations and welcome to the world of editing, and erasing and rewriting and all that over and over again until you feel compelled to "publish". Sometimes, you might not ever get there with one post or another, but a few manage to find their way into the public arena.

    ReplyDelete